Mailtrack for Gmail is one of, if not, the best email tracking service on the market. It improves email communication by integrating seamlessly with Gmail to let you know when your emails are opened.
Mailtrack lets you know in a number of ways when someone opened your email. These include:
- Via real-time desktop notification.
- By email, with 1st Open Email Alerts.
- Using the green double check marks that we add to the sent folder of your Gmail account.
But did you know that Mailtrack can also tell you exactly how many times an email is opened? And also when and how many times someone clicks on the links in an email?
Mailtrack's email tracking solution has a feature called Email Activity (only available with our paid plans). It lets you know exactly how many times and when your contacts open your emails.
How to view Email Activity in Gmail
First of all, you need to make sure that the Email Activity option is enabled in your Mailtrack settings.
Once you've done that, go to your sent mail folder in Gmail. Then hover the mouse over the green Mailtrack check marks next to a particular message.
You'll see in the tooltip all the email opens for that email. If you added tracked links to the email using our Link Tracking feature you'll also be able to see all the times your links have been clicked on.
You can also view the tracking history for your emails while on the go. Just log into your Activity Dashboard via the Google Chrome browser on your phone.
Why is it useful to see my email tracking activity?
To be able to check email engagement, basically.
If email conversations are being opened many times this is good to know. It's a sign that people are engaging with your emails. That they're interested in the information you're providing.
If you can see the dates and times for each open thanks to email tracking, even better! Why? Because with this information you can gain insights as to when someone usually opens your emails and make plans to follow-up.
Sales reps, for example, can see when business prospects are interested in their sales pitch and also what time of day they'll likely be checking their inbox. This can only help the sales cycle and improve the odds of gaining more customers!
Email Activity for email campaigns
Email Activity can help you check the open rates for an email campaign sent with email tracking.
If you send an email campaign using the Mailtrack Chrome extension's Campaign feature each campaign recipient will receive an individual tracked copy of your message. You can then hover the mouse over the check marks for each campaign email to see when and how many times a recipient has opened it.
Learn more about Mailtrack
Did you find this article useful? If so, these resources might be of interest to you too:
- Monitor Reply - The Monitor Reply feature helps you to keep on top of your email communications by advising you when someone hasn't replied to your emails. This article explains how to use it.
- The Activity Dashboard - Mailtrack, like all good email analytics solutions, has a dashboard where you can view email open and click data. You can access the Activity Dashboard from your computer or phone via a web browser. There's no need to install the Mailtrack chrome extension or install additional apps.
- How Mailtrack's click tracking feature works-It's extremely valuable to have information about who's clicked on the links in your emails. Link clicks are a good indicator (perhaps even more so than email open tracking) that a person is interested in the contents of your emails. Link tracking is also a great way to measure whether your emails are generating traffic to your website. This article explains how to use our email tracker to track link clicks.
Email Activity and the above-mentioned features are only available if you're a user of one of our paid plans. If you want to take your email tracking experience to the next level, upgrade your Mailtrack account.