Mailtrack for Gmail has a feature that lets you filter emails in your sent mail folder to show only unread emails. It makes keeping on top of the email messages in your Gmail inbox a lot easier: An unread email isn't lost amongst your read messages, helping you follow-up with people if necessary.
How to filter unread emails in Gmail
To use Mailtrack's Unread Emails filter:
- In Gmail, go to your sent mail folder.
- Click on the Single Green Check Mark button (located at the top of your inbox, to the left of the Gmail refresh button).
And that's it! That's how to find an unread email in Gmail.
Mailtrack filters Gmail to display unread messages you've sent over the last month.
This way to view unread emails in Gmail is a lot simpler than if you were to create email filters in Gmail yourself or carry out a Gmail search. There's no need to use the Gmail search box to search for unread messages. Nor think of which search parameter or search operator to use.
How to delete all unread emails in Gmail
So, you'd like to search for unread emails and delete them from Gmail. Maybe you've some old business messages cluttering up your Gmail mailbox. Or you know, for example, that an unread email remains unread because the email address you sent it to isn't valid. Well, Mailtrack's Unread Emails filter can help!
To delete unread emails from your Gmail account:
- Apply Mailtrack's Gmail Unread Email filter to display messages that haven't been opened.
- Check the Select All box to select unread mail.
- Click on the trash icon to delete all unread emails from the past month.
How to view unread emails in the Gmail app
Mailtrack's Unread Emails filter can't be used in the Gmail app. It's only available on desktop. It's still possible, though, to find unread emails on your phone using Mailtrack:
- You can use the Gmail app's search bar to search for unread emails (remember to first enable the check marks on your phone option in your Mailtrack settings).
- You can install the Mailtrack mobile add-on and use it to view the tracking history for your sent mails (learn more). With the mobile add-on, there's also the added bonus of being able to send tracked emails directly from your phone!
- You can also log into your Mailtrack activity dashboard via your phone's web browser. To view your unread messages, select Unopened Emails from the menu inside your dashboard.
Learn more about Mailtrack
Did you find this article useful? Here are some other resources that can help answer your Mailtrack-related questions:
- What is Mailtrack? - Are you unsure of what Mailtrack is and how email tracking works? This article explains the ins and outs of Mailtrack (how to install, the type of tracking used etc.). There's also a summary of the different Mailtrack features that you can use to keep on top of your inbox.
- Not Opened Reminders - Not Opened Reminders can find unread emails for you. It also sends you a reminder email alert, to let you know they haven't been opened yet. That way you can take action if necessary. This article details how to enable Not Opened Reminders and how to use them.
- How to track Outlook emails - Are you interested in using Mailtrack but have an Outlook email account? This article talks about how to configure Gmail to send emails as an Outlook (or another non-Gmail) email address. So, you can benefit from Mailtrack without having to change your email address.
- Is Mailtrack safe? - It's normal to have doubts about whether Mailtrack (or any other software for that matter) is safe to use. This article should hopefully allay your fears. It explains how Mailtrack interacts with your web browser and how we handle your data.