Only available with Mailtrack Advanced. Upgrade here to unlock this feature.
- How to track PDF documents
- How to enable/disable Document Tracking notifications
- How to view PDF Analytics data
- Frequently asked questions about PDF Tracking
How to track PDF documents
- Change the name of the PDF attachment link that the recipient will see and the link style.
- Decide whether or not the recipient can download the PDF.
- Add an expiry date/time, so recipients can’t access the PDF after a certain time. NB: The expiry date/time is based on the time zone configured in your Mailtrack account
If someone opens/downloads the PDF you'll receive desktop notifications and email alerts telling you so (if they've been enabled in your Mailtrack settings).
You can also view PDF tracking info in the tooltip when you hover the mouse over the green checkmarks, and in your Mailtrack dashboard.
If you'd like to know more about what tracking info is provided then check out this FAQ.
How to enable/disable PDF Tracking notifications.
How to view PDF Analytics data
- If someone views a PDF
- How long they viewed the PDF for.
- What pages of the PDF they viewed (the actual page numbers plus the % of the document viewed overall).
- If the PDF was downloaded.
Frequently Asked Questions about PDF Tracking
Can I track downloads for multiple documents in the same email?
Yes, you can track downloads for more than one document per email. For the moment, though, you need to add the documents to an email one at a time.
What file type document can I track? multiple documents in the same email?
Only PDF file types are allowed.
Can Mailtrack tell me if a PDF has been forwarded?
Mailtrack can't tell you if a PDF has been forwarded and to who. Any PDF views generated by a forwarded email will be attributed to the original mail recipient.
What happens if I cancel my Advanced subscription
You'll lose access to your document tracking data.
If you cancel your Advanced subscription the tracked documents will stay available for a month afterward. After that, the documents will be deleted from your emails.
If you delete your Mailtrack account the tracked documents will not be accessible to the recipients of the emails you sent.