Mailtrack has an Outlook add-in for sending tracked emails.
It can be used with:
- The Outlook webmail service (https://outlook.live.com/)
- The Outlook desktop app for Windows and Mac.
How to install the Outlook add-in
The installation process may vary depending on the Outlook version you use but you would essentially need to do as follows:
1) In Outlook, click Get add-ins.
2) Search for Mailtrack and click Add to install it.
Once installed, you can activate the add-in either by:
- Creating a new email and clicking to activate the add-in. Or
- Opening a sent email and clicking to activate the add-in
In both instances, you'll be prompted to log into Mailtrack.
After you've done that you can start using the add-in.
How to use the Outlook add-in
When creating a new email:
1) In the composer, click on the 3 horizontal dots and then the Mailtrack add-in.
2) When the add-in loads, enable the Track Email option if necessary.
3) Send your email.
You can then check the tracking activity for the email by opening it from your sent mail folder and then opening the add-in inside the email.
Outlook add-in limitations
The Mailtrack Outlook add-in doesn't currently have all the same features as our browser extension for Gmail. It can track email opens but, for example, it doesn't have:
- Desktop notifications/email alerts.
- A dashboard with reports, etc.
- Individual tracking for emails sent to multiple recipients.
- Link tracking.
- PDF tracking.