Mailtrack can alert you when someone opens an email attachment. Here’s how:
Step1: Upload your file to Google Drive
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the top left, click New > File Upload.
- Choose the file you want to upload.
Step 2: Attach your file to a new message in Gmail
- On your computer, open Gmail in a browser that has Mailtrack installed.
- At the top left, click Compose.
- Click Google Drive .
- Select the file you want to attach.
- At the bottom of the page, choose to send the file as a drive link*.
- Click Insert.
*The file needs to be sent as a link. If you attach the file as you do normally Mailtrack won’t be able to track when it’s opened.
Step 3: Send your email
At the bottom of the compose window, click Send.
How to tell that an attachment has been opened
Mailtrack has a feature called email click tracking, which tracks links in your emails.
This means, when you add your attachment as a Google Drive link, Mailtrack can track the link and alert you when the recipient clicks on it (and opens the attachment).